NetScaler MPX 22000
The NetScaler MPX 22040/22060/22080/22100/22120 are 2U appliances. Each model has two 8-core processors and 256 GB of memory. The MPX 22040/22060/22080/22100/22120 appliances are available in two port configurations:
- Twelve 1G SFP ports and twenty-four 10G SFP+ ports (12x1G SFP + 24x10G SFP+)
- Twenty-four 10G SFP+ ports (24x10G SFP+)
The following figure shows the front panel of the MPX 22040/22060/22080/22100/22120 (12x1G SFP + 24x10G SFP+) appliance.
Figure 1. NetScaler MPX 22040/22060/22080/22100/22120 (12x1G SFP + 24x10G SFP+), front panel
The following figure shows the front panel of the MPX 22040/22060/22080/22100/22120 (24x10G SFP+) appliance.
Figure 2. NetScaler MPX 22040/22060/22080/22100/22120 (24x10G SFP+), front panel
Depending on the model, the appliance has the following ports:
- RS232 serial Console Port.
- 10/100Base-T copper Ethernet Port (RJ45), also called the LOM port. You can use this port to remotely monitor and manage the appliance independently of the NetScaler software.
- Two 10/100/1000Base-T copper Ethernet Management Ports (RJ45), numbered 0/1 and 0/2 from left to right. These ports are used to connect directly to the appliance for system administration functions.
- Network Ports
- MPX 22040/22060/22080/22100/22120 (12x1G SFP + 24x10G SFP+). Twelve copper or fiber 1G SFP ports and twenty-four 10G SFP+ ports.
- MPX 22040/22060/22080/22100/22120 (24x10G SFP+). Twenty-four 10G SFP+ ports.
The following figure shows the back panel of the MPX 22040/22060/22080/22100/22120 appliances.
Figure 3. NetScaler MPX 22040/22060/22080/22100/22120, back panel
The following components are visible on the back panel of the MPX 22040/22060/22080/22100/22120 appliance:
Non-maskable interrupt (NMI) Button, used at the request of Technical Support to initiate a core dump. To press this red button, which is recessed to prevent unintentional activation, use a pen, pencil, or other pointed object. The NMI Button is also available remotely over the network in the LOM GUI, in the Remote Control menu. For more information, see Lights out management port of the appliance topic.
System status LED, which indicates the status of the appliance, as described in Common hardware components.
Note: On an MPX 22040/22060/22080/22100/22120 appliance running LOM firmware version 3.22, the system status LED indicates an error (continuously glows RED) even though the appliance is functioning properly.
Four power supplies, each rated at 750 watts, 100–240 volts. A minimum of two power supplies are required for proper operation. The extra power supplies act as backup. Each power supply has an LED that indicates the status of the power supply, as described in Common hardware components.
Power switch, which turns off power to the appliance. Press the switch for less than two seconds to shut off the power.
Two 128 or larger GB removable solid-state drives.
One 500 GB or larger removable hard disk drive that is used to store user data.
Note: Drive densities might increase as components become EOL but its size is never smaller than the original.
For information about installing the rails, rack mounting the hardware, and connecting the cables, see Installing the Hardware.
For information about performing initial configuration of your appliance, see Initial Configuration.