NetScaler appliances (MPX, VPX, SDX ADC, BLX) that are to be added to a cluster must meet the following prerequisites:
- All appliances must have the same software version and build.
All appliances must be of the same platform type. This means that a cluster must have either all hardware appliances (NetScaler MPX) or all NetScaler VPX appliances, or all NetScaler BLX appliances, or all NetScaler SDX ADC instances.
- For a cluster of hardware appliances (MPX), the appliances must be of the same model type.
- For the formation of the heterogeneous cluster, all appliances must be of MPX platform type.
- For a cluster of virtual appliances (VPX), the appliances must be deployed on the following hypervisors: XenServer, Hyper-V, VMware ESX, and KVM.
- For setting up a cluster of SDX NetScaler instances, see Set up a cluster of NetScaler instances.
- Jumbo frames are supported on a NetScaler cluster that is made up of NetScaler SDX instances.
- You can create L3 clusters of SDX instances.
- For information about setting up a NetScaler BLX cluster, see NetScaler BLX cluster.
Appliances can belong to different networks.
Be initially configured and connected to a common client-side and server-side network.
- For a cluster of virtual appliances (NetScaler VPX, or NetScaler BLX, or NetScaler SDX ADC instance), that has large configurations, it is recommended to use 6 GB RAM for each node of the cluster.