Converting a NetScaler MPX appliance to a NetScaler SDX appliance
You can convert a NetScaler MPX appliance to an SDX appliance to deploy multiple virtualized ADC instances on a single, purpose-built physical appliance with full multiservice and multitenant support.
Note: Conversion of an SDX appliance to an MPX appliance is not supported.
You can convert the NetScaler MPX 11515/11520/11530/11540/11542 appliances to NetScaler SDX 11515/11520/11530/11540/11542 appliances. To convert, upgrade the software through a new Solid State Drive (SSD) and a new Hard Disk Drive (HDD).
The NetScaler models SDX 11515/11520/11530/11540/11542 are 2U appliances. Each model has two 6-core processors for a total of 12 physical cores (24 cores with hyper-threading), and 48 GB of memory.
The SDX 11515/11520/11530/11540/11542 appliances have the following ports:
- RS232 serial console port.
- 10/100Base-T copper Ethernet Port (RJ45), also called the LOM port. You can use this port to remotely monitor and manage the appliance independently of the NetScaler software.
On the SDX 11515/11520/11530/11540/11542 appliances, the LEDs on the LOM port are not operational, by design.
- Two 10/100/1000Base-T copper Ethernet management ports (RJ45), numbered 0/1 and 0/2 from left to right. These ports are used to connect directly to the appliance for system administration functions. Eight 10G SFP+ ports and four copper or fiber 1G SFP ports.
You can convert the NetScaler MPX 8005/8010/8015/8200/8400/8600/8800 appliances to NetScaler SDX 8010/8015/8400/8600 appliances by upgrading the software through a new Solid State Drive (SSD).
The NetScaler models SDX 8010/8015/8400/8600 are 1U appliances. Each model has one quad-core processor (8 cores with hyper-threading) and 32 GB of memory. The SDX 8010/8015/8400/8600 appliances are available in two port configurations:
- Six 10/100/1000Base-T copper Ethernet ports and six 1G SFP ports (6x10/100/1000Base-T copper Ethernet ports + 6x1G SFP)
- Six 10/100/1000Base-T copper Ethernet ports and two 10G SFP+ ports(6x10/100/1000Base-T copper Ethernet ports + 2x10G SFP+