Configure auto negotiation
By default, the appliance is configured to use auto negotiation, in which Citrix Gateway transmits network traffic both directions simultaneously and determines the appropriate adapter speed. If you leave the default setting to Auto Negotiation, Citrix Gateway uses full-duplex operation, in which the network adapter is capable of sending data in both directions simultaneously.
If you disable auto negotiation, Citrix Gateway uses half-duplex operation, in which the adapter can send data in both directions between two nodes, but the adapter can only use one direction or the other at a time.
For first time installation, Citrix recommends that you configure Citrix Gateway to use auto negotiation for ports that are connected to the appliance. After you log on initially and configure Citrix Gateway, you can disable auto negotiation. You cannot configure auto negotiation globally. You must enable or disable the setting for each interface.
To enable or disable auto negotiation
- In the configuration utility, on the Configuration tab, in the navigation pane, expand System \ > Network, and then click Interfaces.
- In the details pane, select the interface, and then click Open.
- Do one of the following in the Configure Interface dialog box:
- To enable auto negotiation, click Yes next to Auto Negotiation, and then click OK.
- To disable auto negotiation, click No next to Auto Negotiation, and then click OK.